Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I have been busy...

I can't believe that it was June since I last wrote a post.  Time has just flown by.  We finally got our new windows installed - and they are wonderful!  I can see out clearly and for the first time I don't want to completely cover my windows.  I am trying to decide what to do about window coverings.  AND since the largest window in the back of the house looks out onto a beautiful scene of our back yard, I don't want to obstruct that view with 'stuff' in front of the window like I had before (a baker's rack w/plants, a cat perch built on top of some vintage crates, etc.).  So I found this blog site that showed how to build a window seat from two upper kitchen stock cabinets - got mine at Lowe's for just $120 or so and will be working on that project when the retiree is home for a while.  Can't wait to make the cushions for the cats to lounge on! 

I have also discovered Pinterest and have joined that, which leads me to why I am so busy now...I have also discovered repurposing more than just suitcases.  The local thrift stores and Goodwill are full of wonderful little things that can be something else - with just a little bit of elbow grease, some spray paint and imagination!!!  Here are a few examples of what I have been doing...

















































No comments: