Thursday, June 16, 2011

Getting Old Sucks

Well, my sweet husband of 40 years was just here at our house visiting.  You see, right now he is staying with his dad who is 87 years old and on Sunday morning fell and broke his left shoulder.  The surgeon does not want to do surgery due to his age and health.  Prognosis:  keep arm as immobile as possible for the next 4-6 weeks and hopefully the shoulder will heal.  This is a difficult task for anyone who is in great health and of good physical condition...now being 87, walking w/a cane, and needing all one's strength to get up and down - what chance does he have???  So, my wonderful husband, the awesome first-born son (and only relative living in this city) is staying with his dad during this healing time.  I miss my sweet man!  But, I would rather he be taking care of the man who taught him respect for his elders, good manners, how to be a good husband, and how to take care of one's car, than staying here with me and hiring a stranger to stay with his dad.  The most cool thing about the timing of this unfortunate accident  is that my sweet husband just retired on May 2 - so he does not have to answer to HR in order to stay at his dad's house!!! 

I pray for my sweet husband to have stamina and strength to help his dad.  And I hope that he comes home now and then so he doesn't forget what a beautiful wife he has!!!

No comments: